Butterflies CASE Study

11:39

Hi again,
Back with another entry for the CASE Study challenge from Torico!

Such a pretty card and I love that butterfly stamp! Anyway, here's my interpretation...

I started with a 5x7 card blank and cut a strip of kraft card, slightly distressing the edges using Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I then used the Labels Four die on the kraft card and cut against the embossed line and layered on to black gloss card, creating a slim border that I prefer to just layering up two different sized dies. 
I then die cut a butterfly from Cheery Lynn Designs in black gloss card and used it as a template to create a second layer in peachy-coloured vellum.
I then used a Woodware butterfly punch on the same black gloss card to create the smaller butterflies and attached all three to the die cuts.

I stamped the sentiment (sorry I don't know who its from) in Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I then finished off with a few peach coloured adhesive pearls.
I love how this card turned out as its feminine but not too girly as it usually associated with butterflies!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What a pretty trio of butterflies!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the peachy vellum wings on your butterfly! The black accents are so striking, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete