OLC Foliage Card

09:51

Hello again,
My offering today is my entry for this weeks Less is More challenge which is a One Layer Card incorporating the theme Foliage. After making a right hash of my first attempt (inky fingers get everywhere!) here is what I came up with...

I started off with a 5x7 top fold card and masked off a strip at the base of the card. Using my blending tool, I applied Old Paper Distress Ink to the masked off area. Then, using the same ink, I randomly stamped the free Ivy stamp I got with Creative Stamping Magazine, often without re-inking between stamps to create depth. I then applied Forest Moss to the stamp and printed on to the area, using a water brush to draw out the colour and fill in the middle of the leaves. 

After removing the masking tape I created embossed lines to frame the stamped area and at the top of the card with a scoring board and bone folder. I then stamped a Stampendous sentiment using Walnut Stain ink and used a cut out leaf on foam pads as an embellishment. I just hope that doesn't mean its not a OLC? Not sure because its an embellishment but anyway lets hope not! 

Albany x


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This looks simply fabulous!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a super card....but not sure if that extra layer makes this a OLC or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card
    Love the leaf panel
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete