WoW Embossing Card and a Huge Thanks

12:06

Hello!
I've been having some trouble getting my creative juices flowing this week so didn't get much crafting done but I'm back with an entry for the Sweet Stampin' White on White challenge and also for the CAS-ual Fridays theme of embossing.

But first I have a bit of exciting news that I am a bit belated in sharing with you but the other week I was the winner of #221 Sketch Saturday challenge with my Birdcage Card, which is absolutely brilliant! I was thrilled when I found out so thank you very much to them for choosing my card and also to Prairie Fairy Designs who gave me $10 credit to spend on their site! I will definitely be making a thank you card this week for them so watch this space.

Anyway, back to my creation...

I started off with a 4x4 white card which I embossed using Spellbinders Impressabilites in Flowers and then die cut one of the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles using white card. I then stamped a sentiment from Different Colours using Versa ink in Chateau Gray on to the rectangle to create my main topper.
Next I used a floral punch from Woodware to cut three flowers out of white card, curling the petals slightly with my pokey tool to add dimension and shape. I also punched three leaves using a Woodware punch and arranged them with the flowers around the corner of the topper, fixing them using Pinflair.

I then placed three large adhesive pearls into the center of each flower and three smaller ones in the top corner to balance out the design.
I love the softness of this design and I like how using grey ink gives a more subtle look to the card than if I used black. Also as this was the first time I used one of the Impressabilities - as I usually use the embossing folders - I had a little difficulty in finding the right sandwich for my Cuttlebug. After a bit of researching online and playing about with different shims I mananged to get a crisp emboss.
However, I also read a little tip that really worked for me which was to lightly spray the card to be embossed with water and letting it dry for 20 seconds before running it through the Cuttlebug. This really enhanced the quality of the emboss and I'd definitely recommend trying it!
I hope you like my design,

Albany x

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Just gorgeous! Thanks for having some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your white on white card Albany with all its lovely texture and I totally agree about the grey ink. Congratulations on your win! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. V pretty. Embossing gives WOW cards that little extra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous. Love the sentiment stamped in soft grey. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a elegant card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Albany, oooh such an elegant card and a lovely sentiment as well.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win - if your other entry was even half as brilliant as this one, it's no wonder you won! This is stunningly gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your recent win! :)

    Your WoW card is gorgeous and very special! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete