Butterfly Splodge OLC Card

05:20

Wowiee another post in the same day!
Having a lovely crafty day today even if I'm fighting off a cold. Here's my entry in the Less is More OLC challenge where the theme is Wings...

Starting off with a diddy 4x4 card I stamped the free butterfly stamp from Creative Stamper in Versamark and then heat embossed with black embossing powder. Then, using a mixture of Broken Glass, Milled Lavender and Picket Fence Distress Stains, I created a messy, splodgey background over and around the butterfly, wiping off the excess ink from the embossed areas. Next I unscrewed the top off a bottle of  Lilac Night mica spray from Carole's Craft and flicked the tube end across the card to create flecks of colour.
I also added Wisteria and Frost Blue Aquamarker to the butterfly to add definition and bring out the colours a bit more.

I then stamped a sentiment from Stampendous in StazOn and added lilac adhesive pearls to finish off the card.
I was actually a little bit dubious of this card to start with as I'm a bit of a perfectionist and was worried about getting the perfect 'splodge' (whatever that is). But as I kept going with it I actually ended up making something I really like. The more I look at it the more I like it!

Albany x


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Hola Albany, gorgeous card, beautiful soft coloured background, your butterfly is stunning, well done.
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Albany!
    I love that delicate background.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! The colours are beautiful!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Albany
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Albany. Beautiful one layer card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous butterfly card and such pretty colours.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awsome card! So simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots to like there. Very nicely done. I love your "splodges".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing new and very young stampers joining in the fun, Albany! And what a fun way for you to have others find you than to get a LIM shoutout for your stunning take on the winged challenge!!

    ReplyDelete