CASE Study Meadow Card

06:08

Hello again,
Second offering today for both the RetroSketches sketch this week and the CASE Study challenge with Julia Stainton. Here's her gorgeous card...

I love the used of corrugated card and that foliage is so lovely, so much to inspire me! Here's what I came up with...

Starting with an A6 card, I cut a slightly smaller rectangle of cardboard on which I had teared off the top layer of to reveal the corrugated card underneath. I distressed it using Picket Fence Distress Stain and Peeled Paint Distress Ink which picked up the texture really well. I also heat embossed some areas with white embossing powder.
Next, I stamped the Blooming Meadow stamp from Hero Arts onto watercolour paper - which I had distressed using Pumice Stone - using Peeled Paint and a spritz of water to give a watercolour effect.
After wrapping two pieces of green twine around the layers, I heat embossed a Paper Smooches sentiment onto kraft card using white embossing powder and fixed on top of the twine with Pinflair.

A different look for me but I think it came out really well. Hope you like!

Albany x



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. the crinckled cardboard looks beautiful with this lovely flowers, superb card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is SO SO GORGEOUS!!! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete