Warm Thoughts Autumn Card

05:33

Hello all,
Today I've got a crafty offering for this weeks CAS-ual Friday's 'Over the Edge' challenge and also Less Is More's 'Autumn' challenge. I was kind of improvising with this one, not really sure where it was going to end up but it actually turned out really well...

Starting off with a 5x7 topfold card, I cut a layer of kraft card and inked round the edge using a combination of Rusty Hinge, Tea Dye, Bundled Sage and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. I then splattered Ancient Copper and Golden Mint mica spray from Carole's Crafts. Next, I machine sewed around the card to add a rustic, homemade feel.
I then cut out a leaf shape from orange vellum and, with two skeleton leaves, I adhered it to bows made of beige ribbon and green twine. After wrapping the ribbon and twine round the card I attached the bows/leaves to the card using Pinflair, topping with an orange gem. 

I then stamped a Paper Smooches sentiment onto a strip of card using Dovecraft ink in Chocolate. I distressed the edges using Tea Dye, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain. I then fixed it to the card using foam pads to create dimension.
And that's it! Hope you like it.

Albany x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I like it!
    Thanks so much Albany... a super design.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the warmth this card evokes. Great texture too. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is awesome! Thanks for going over the edge with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very delicate and love the layout of your card. Thanks for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Albany! Great composition. Often the improvised cards turn out the best. (Glad to see you've put a follower gadget on your sidebar.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooonnnnderfullllll! This is just gorgeous.
    Greatings from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Albany.

    What a stunning card. I love the natural look to this, the splattering of ink is a great touch, as are the skelton leaves.

    I love it!

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous. I love the double bow.. I need to learn how to make those!

    ReplyDelete