Sympathy Heart Card and Thanks

02:05

Hello again!
Haven't been posting recently, busy, busy, busy! BUT I did see my Meadow Card got a shoutout from the RetroSketches Blog which I am very very happy about so thank you so much to them and well done to the other shoutouts :).
So anyway, on to the first card I've got today. Simon Says Stamp have a challenge of Thinking of You/Sympathy and it got me thinking about sympathy cards and the fact that most of the time they make me cringe from the over the top wording and as a general rule I don't like them. So as a little challenge I thought I'd make one a little more simple and modern, and seeing as the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is So Torn, it was an opportunity to combine the two...

I started with a 4x4 card and cut a slightly smaller piece of kraft card. I then punched out a heart from red paper and carefully tore down the middle. After affixing it to the card with foam pads to give dimension, I heat embossed a sentiment from Paper Smooches using white embossing powder.

To finish added a single adhesive pearl. I know this wont be to some people's taste but I like how different it is to the traditional flowery OTT sympathy card. Hope you like it!

Albany x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fantastic card! I think it's a very creative take on the sympathy card, love it!! The torn heart is brilliant for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete