Just a Note Flower Card

05:07

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday, today I've got an entry for this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge using this sketch...

A really simple but effective idea I think! I also decided to combine it with the Black & White Plus 1 challenge from CAS-ual Fridays.

I am so in love with this Marianne Designs flower at the moment! I cut it from white card and followed the same layering technique as the card in my last post. I decided to curl the petals to add a different look and I glued a large pearl in the centre.
I then adhered the flower to a piece of black card that I had cut into a flag shape and fixed to a layer of kraft card. I then drew on some faux stitching using the Picket Fence Distress Marker (I love how this pen works, definitely a must-have). 

I then stamped a sentiment from Paper Smooches using StazOn just above the flower and attached the kraft layer to a 4x6 card blank using foam pads to add dimension.
And thats it! Really simple, quick and inexpensive to make. Hope you like it!

Albany x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love the flower and the colours of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous way to showcase that flower!! Simple neutrals and a flag! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flower! I love that you've backed it on black to really make it pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..beautiful. I love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut up! OMG, this (should have won) card is breathtaking, Albany! Congratulations on the HM shoutout from CASE(E)! I'm happy to find you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and wonderful!! LOVE that flower...thought it was a store bought flower...soooooo pretty!!! So cool to see that your card was the color...your main image, was the white...love it!! So happy you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays, Albany:)!!

    ReplyDelete