Oscars Inspiration

08:19

Hello all!
Today I have a card for this weeks WaltzingMouse Makes challenge which is to be inspired by a dress worn at the Oscars. I love this challenge, such a good idea and after looking through all the lovely - and not so lovely - dresses I chose Naomi Watts' Armani dress...

I LOOOVE this, so simple and elegant yet interesting with the asymmetrical cap sleeve. This was also the perfect opportunity to make a card fitting CAS-ual Friday's Hi Ho Silver challenge. So here's what I came up with...

As well as taking inspiration from the dress itself, I also used the black from the backdrop to create a classy and glamorous card. First, I used the Damask embossing folder from Crafts Too on black card for the background. The dress is a punch from Woodware which I punched out of silver glitter card (a lot more glittery in real life than the picture shows) and I used Pinflair to fix it to the background layer to add dimension.
I then heat embossed a sentiment from Paper Smooches used white sparkly embossing powder - again, very difficult to see in the photo :( - on a separate piece of black card and layered it onto the background. 
I then glued on three adhesive pearls to add interest to the dress and simply layered the whole thing onto a 4x6 white card and voila!
Hope you like what I did from the dress inspiration. What was your favourite outfit of the night?

Albany x

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Beautiful! Love the damask embossed background and sweet sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant! I love the embossed background and the strap that matches the inspiration dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh this is very eye-catching Albany!! I love your embossed background also!! Cracking choice of dress and beautifully interpreted!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, what a beautiful card inspired by that beautiful dress! So perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and beautiful :) Love how you embossed background and the colour of it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card and the dress die is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your CAS style Albany - the punched dress looks fab....have given you a Leibster Award....all the details are on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and I love the added embossed background! I also love that you are a messy crafter like me.

    ReplyDelete