Thank You Flower Card

15:02

Happy Saturday!
Currently writing this listening to the Les Mis soundtrack as I saw the film the other day and it is absolutely fantastic! If you haven't seen it I would definitely recommend it :).
Anyway back to business, I've got a thank you card to share with you today. A very kind family friend recently gave my mum and I an Ultimate Pro that they no longer needed and this is the card I sent in return...

First off, I die cut four of the large flower dies from Marianne Designs Creatables set from dark pink paper and created dimension by cutting into each flower and gluing the adjacent petals on top of each other. I gradually cut away more of the petals (none on the first layer, one on the second, two on the third and so on) to create the layers and added a turquoise gem in the centre. I also found an old leaf punch and punched it from lime green paper and attached it to the back of the flower.
I then die cut a scalloped circle from kraft card and stamped Script Background from IndigoBlu using StazOn on to it. I layered my flower on top of this to create my topper.

I then die cut one of the Small Folded Banners from Simon Says Stamp out of white card and stamped the faux stitching from the corresponding Holidays stamp set using Old Paper Distress Ink. Since the only sentiments I have that fit that die are Christmas related, I had to hand write the 'Thank You' (horror! - I hate my handwriting). I also added some smaller turquoise gemstones either side.
I adhered both the topper and banner onto a background paper from the Bluebell pad by My Minds Eye, which I had sewn onto kraft card.
Finally I layered it onto a 4x6 card and there you go! So happy with how that flower turned out and I love the colours - completely unplanned, I kind of just went with the flow!
Hope you like it,

Albany x


You Might Also Like

0 comments